The Parent Volunteer Network represents all of the volunteers organized by the D-E Parents’ Association and the Office of Advancement who support the social, cultural, and academic life of the D-E community.
TO SIGN UP FOR A COMMITTEE, CLICK ON THE COMMITTEE NAME BELOW.
YOU WILL BE PROMPTED TO ENTER YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION FOR EACH COMMITTEE THAT YOU WANT TO JOIN .
LOWER SCHOOL COMMITTEES
- Shelve/repair books, read to children, check books in and out, and update records.
- Assist the day of the event by helping all children look presentable for the photographer.
- Assist with rehearsal and day-of-show production, including set-up, decorations, and food donations.
- Plan, organize, and staff all aspects of this annual event for Lower School families.
- This multi-day event includes book sales, raffles, and Pizza Night. Help with setup, breakdown, students’ book selections, and raffle gift donations.
- Help with event logistics, refreshments, and publicity.
- Promote Bulldog pride, serve as a team parent, and assist with team rosters, snacks, and sporting events.
- Sell food and beverages to students and be a part of the social center of the Middle and Upper Schools. Regular and substitute positions are available.
- Solicit local merchants (retail/dining/entertainment) for discounted merchandise and services. Proceeds from card sales benefit D-E student activities.
- Plan, organize and staff specialty lunch and snack food sale to benefit D-E student activites.
- Welcome new members to the D-E community with Campus Tours, Open Houses, New Family Buddy Program, and Admitted Students Receptions.
- Under the guidance of the D-E Office of Multicultural Affairs, there are currently four Affinity Groups represented by the Black & Latino, Chinese, Korean, and South Asian communities which organize social, educational, and service activities.Click on the Affinity Group that you want to join:
- Join your class team to educate and encourage fellow parents (via emails and phone calls) to support the Annual Fund, which helps bridge the gap between tuition and the actual cost of a D-E education.
Class Representative Teams
- Class Representatives work together with the grade-level teachers (LS) and Deans (MS/US) to foster a cohesive community within each grade by welcoming new and current families, organizing events, and communicating with the class.
Class Representative Team selection has been completed for the upcoming 2016-17 school year.
- Support the performing and visual arts departments by assisting with performance activities (costume design/sewing, prop sourcing, food during rehearsals) and planning post-show receptions (food and decorations).
- Help develop D-E’s teaching vegetable gardens through outdoor garden work, plant purchasing, garden design, green initiatives, and planning of garden events.
- Range of office jobs, including book covering, inventory, and other projects.
- Plan and coordinate programs for D-E parents and guardians including author/speaker events, parenting workshops, group discussions, online resources, and film screenings.
- Plan and promote Auctions, Golf/Tennis/Yoga, and Culinary events to benefit the D-E Faculty and Staff Fund and/or D-E’s Financial Aid program.
- Help with this all-school, all-day event, co-organized with Student Government, including an on-campus service project to benefit a local non-profit and a carnival with food, music, games, and activities.
- Have an interest or expertise in short form video production and/or storytelling? Work with parents and students on a new “pilot” initiative to digitally document parent education and other PA-related activities.
If you have any questions, please email: PA@d-e.org