Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service at D-E is on Monday, January 15, 2018. This dynamic day includes following:
- A D-E family-community 1/2 day event, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Morning fellowship and a community gathering to hear a keynote speaker inspire and connect us to MLK’s vision to launch the day.
- Several choices of service projects both at D-E and some off campus that volunteers will sign up for in advance. Multiple service opportunities are confirmed for the day, plus an opportunity to participate in a MLK Legacy Teach In & Dialogue.
- A community luncheon at the close of the projects.
Choices of service projects are:
- Bergen Family Center – work with preschoolers on MLK activities (off campus)
- Lillian Booth Actors Home – Collage-making with seniors (off campus)
- Lillian Booth Actors Home – Writing project with seniors (off campus)
- Southeast Senior Center for Independent Living – clean up (off campus)
- ArtWorks – get well cards & gift bags for children and young adults suffering from chronic and life limiting illnesses in local hospitals (at D-E)
- MLK Legacy Teach-In/Racial Justice Dialogue for adults and high school students (at D-E)
- Meals on Wheels – write notes & make bookmarks for clients (at D-E)
- Set up and serve at Community Luncheon (at D-E)